SPA OWNERS: On average, each bath you take wastes over 70 gallons of water. Your spa or hot tub is just as relaxing and saves more water than a traditional bath.
Here are some tips and tricks from Adams Pools to keep your spa or hot tub water-wise during this drought:
- Invest in a spa cover and use it. We all like out hot tub water hot, so by using a cover, we can reduce evaporation.
- Check your chemicals. By maintaining the chemicals, you can actually extend the life of your spa water, having it fill it less often.
- Check your spa for leaks. Even the smallest crack can lead to significant water loss. We recommend calling your pool professional for guidance.
- Call us! There is new technology out there that reduces the need to drain your spa while keeping the water clean.
- If you do drain your spa water, reuse it! You can water your lawn, irrigate your landscaping, or even fill water balloons for the kids with the leftover water.